The wait is over! 4 new Google Career Certificates are now live through Grow with Google. See details of each course below, and how to enrol. These new courses have been added for March 2021.
Google Career Certificates are online job training courses. Specifically designed to help you start your career.
Course are available in project management, data analytics, UX design, and IT support. Alongside these certificates, Google are launching a new course to help you prepare for the Associate Android Developer Certification.
Jump to section:
What are the benefits of Google Career Certificates?
With Google, you can get professional-level training, easily accessible online.
- No experience necessary, learn job-ready skills, even with no relevant experience
- 1,300,000 in-demand job openings across certificate fields1
- Learn at your own pace, complete the online program on your own terms
- Under 10 hours of flexible study per week2
- Stand out to employers, make your resume competitive with a credential from Google
- 82% of Certificate graduates report a positive career impact in six months3
- A path to in-demand jobs, connect with top employers who are currently hiring
- $63,600 average salary for entry-level roles across certificate fields1
There are now 5 courses available.
Google IT Certificates
Get on the fast track to finding an in-demand job in IT, with a professional certificate from Google. Learn the foundations of networking and operating systems or how to solve problems using code.
Fast and flexible so you can learn at the pace that’s right for you, the Google IT Support Professional Certificate is the No. 1 career certificate on the online learning platform Coursera.
IT Support Certificate – Introductory Level
This online training program provides the skills you need for an introductory-level job in IT support, with no relevant experience required.
What you will learn:
- Troubleshooting and customer care
- Operating systems
- System administration
- Technical Support Fundamentals
- The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
- Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
- System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
- IT Security: Defence Against the Digital Dark Arts
IT Automation with Python Certificate – Advanced Level
For learners familiar with basic IT concepts, this advanced program builds on those foundations to take your career to the next level.
What you will learn:
- Python programming
- IT automation
- Troubleshooting & debugging
- Testing in Python
- How to set up your developer environment
- Crash course on Python
- Using Python to interact with the operating system
- Introduction to Git and GitHub
- Troubleshooting and Debugging Techniques
- Configuration Management and the Cloud
- Automating Real-World Tasks with Python
Google Data Analytics Certificate
Get started in the high-growth field of data analytics with a professional certificate from Google. Learn job-ready skills that are in demand, like how to analyse and process data to gain key business insights.
Learn the foundations of data analytics, and get the job-ready skills you need to kick-start your career in a fast-growing field.
Fast and flexible, the data analytics curriculum is hosted on Coursera, one of the world’s leading online learning platforms, so you can learn at the pace that’s right for you.
What you will learn:
- Gain an immersive understanding of the practices and processes used by a junior or associate data analyst in their day-to-day job
- Learn key analytical skills (data cleaning, analysis, & visualization) and tools (spreadsheets, SQL, R programming, Tableau)
- Understand how to clean and organize data for analysis, and complete analysis and calculations using spreadsheets, SQL and R programming
- Learn how to visualize and present data findings in dashboards, presentations and commonly used visualization platforms
- There are 8 Courses in this Professional Certificate
- Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions
- Prepare Data for Exploration
- Process Data from Dirty to Clean
- Analyse Data to Answer Questions
- Share Data Through the Art of Visualization
- Data Analysis with R Programming
- Google Data Analytics Capstone: Complete a Case Study
Google Project Management Certificate
Get started in the high-growth field of project management with a professional certificate developed by Google. Discover how to manage projects efficiently and effectively, using traditional and agile methods.
Learn the foundations of project management and get the job-ready skills you need to kick-start your career in a fast-growing field.
Fast and flexible, the project management curriculum is hosted on Coursera, one of the world’s leading online learning platforms, so you can learn at the pace that’s right for you.
What you will learn:
- Gain an immersive understanding of the practices and skills needed to succeed in an entry-level project management role
- Learn how to create effective project documentation and artifacts throughout the various phases of a project
- Learn the foundations of Agile project management, with a focus on implementing Scrum events, building Scrum artifacts, and understanding Scrum roles
- Practice strategic communication, problem-solving, and stakeholder management through real-world scenarios
- Foundations of Project Management
- Project Initiation: Starting a Successful Project
- Project Planning: Putting It All Together
- Project Execution: Running the Project
- Agile Project Management
- Capstone: Applying Project Management in the Real World
Google UX Design Certificate
Get started in the fast-growing field of user experience (UX) design with a professional certificate developed by Google. Learn the foundations of UX design, including empathizing with users, building wireframes and prototypes, and conducting research to test your designs.
Learn about the foundations of user experience (UX) design and gain the skills you need to find an entry-level job as a UX designer.
Fast and flexible, the UX design curriculum is hosted on Coursera, one of the world’s leading online learning platforms, so you can learn at the pace that’s right for you.
What you will learn:
- Follow the design process: empathize with users, define pain points, ideate solutions, create wireframes and prototypes, test and iterate on designs
- Understand the basics of UX research, like planning research studies, conducting interviews and usability studies, and synthesizing research results
- Apply foundational UX concepts, like user-centred design, accessibility, and equity-focused design
- Create a professional UX portfolio that includes 3 end-to-end projects: a mobile app, a responsive website, and a cross-platform experience
- Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design
- Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate
- Build Wireframes and Low-Fidelity Prototypes
- Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts
- Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma
- Responsive Web Design in Adobe XD
- Design a User Experience for Social Good & Prepare for Jobs
Associate Android Developer Certification
Accelerate your move toward a career in mobile app development. Learn to build simple Android apps with our Android Basics in Kotlin training — no programming experience necessary. Then, take the Associate Android Developer Certification exam to gain recognition for your skills as a developer.
Whether you’re learning mobile app development for the first time or are looking to advance your career, the Associate Android Developer Certification can help you showcase your skills to peers and potential employers.
Mobile apps and smartphones are everywhere, with more people consuming media on phones than on laptops or other devices. As an Android developer, you’ll have the opportunity to reach billions of people in a meaningful way — through apps on their phones and connected devices.
With an Associate Android Developer Certification, you can qualify for in-demand entry-level jobs in Android development. Take the self-paced Android Basics in Kotlin training, and when you’re ready, take the certification exam to start your journey as a professional developer.
- Unit 1: Kotlin basics for Android
- Unit 2: Layouts
- Unit 3: Navigation
Frequently Asked Questions
1 Burning Glass: Labor Insight (Last 12 Months: Feb. 1, 2020 – Jan. 31, 2021)
2 Complete in 6 months, under 10 hours per week.
3 Coursera Learner Outcome Survey, all time.
Will you be joining a course? Share this with your friends and colleagues ⬇